Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, New York. Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.), with distinction, 1992.
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, New York. Master of Arts in Psychology, 1990.
Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island. Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Elisha Benjamin Andrews Scholar, 1971.
EMDR International Association. Certified Therapist in EMDR, 1995.
- EMDR Certified Therapist for trauma, anxiety, somatic issues
- Sleep difficulties
- Couples counseling
- Adoption adjustment
- Families in crisis - including dealing with serious illness, grief, divorce.
- Solution-focused, short-term treatment approach emphasizing strength-based collaboration with client and narrative approaches.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - multi-modal approach, parent/family guidance, ADHD in adults.
" THANK YOU for teaching me how to deal with myself"
FURTHER Education Highlights
- Extensive Mindfulness trainings with Dr. Jack Kornfield, Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, Julie Greene LPC and others.
- "The Dance of Attachment: a Relational Approach", with Deany Laliotis, LICSW
- Psychological Trauma conferences include:
- Bessel van der Kolk, F. Putnam, J. Herman and others. annual attendance 1998-present.
- Couples Counseling focusing on trauma and intimacy. Consultation with Dr. John Gottman, developer of "The Gottman Method"
- ISTSS (International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies) Conference 2004, New Orleans, LA.
- EMDR Level I and II: Wm Zangwill, Ph.D. and Francine Shapiro.Ph.D. September and November 2000.
- EMDRIA Conferences throughout past decade.
- Three Views of Traumatic Stress. Bessel van der Kolk, Robert Scaer, Steven Porges: Denver, CO, January 26-28, 2001.
- An EMDR Refresher Course: Responding to the Disaster. November 17,2001.
- Rorschach Research and training
R-pas Rorschach Research: Achieved Proficiency in Coding and Administration of The Rorschach Performance Assessment System® (R-PAS®). I am contributing normative data to the research project and am a reviewer evaluating the proficiency of other psychologists who are learning this system. R-PAS® grounds the Rorschach in its evidence base, improves its normative foundation, integrates international findings, reduces examiner variability and increases utility of this important personality assessment tool.
tutorial with John Exner and staff. 5 Day Workshop. Asheville, NC. 1992
- Workshops and supervision (more than 40 hours) on solution-focused, brief therapy with Bill O'Hanlon, Michael White and others.
- Conferences on Children and the Law, relating to custody and adoption.
- Legal and Ethical Risk Management in Professional Psychology. Eric Harris, Ed.D., J.D. APAIT sponsored every 3 years
- Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology Updates at various conferences.
Independent Practice (March 1993 - present).
Adjunct Assistant Professor, The Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University (2009 - 2013). "Appraisal of Personality" course.
Supervising Psychologist, Center for Preventive Psychiatry (now Andrus Mental Health), Yonkers NY (October 1996 - 2008). Community mental health clinic serving multi-problem families in Yonkers.
Adjunct Clinical Supervisor, The Ferkauf Graduate School (2000 - 2008). Supervision for psychology graduate students.
Founding member, Trauma Response Network, Westchester County (2013).
Evans, Richard and Susan Berenzweig, "Early Intervention for ADD" (1996) in Early Intervention for High Risk Children: Preventive Psychiatry in Action. Art Zelman, M.D. (ed.) p.85-102, New York: Jason Aronson.
Berenzweig, Susan and E. Greenblatt. (1992) A New assessment measure for impulsivity and inattention in four year olds. New Research Poster presented at meetings of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Washington, D.C. October 1992.
Greenblatt, Edward and S. Berenzweig. (1992) A Continuous performance test for preschoolers. New Research Poster presented at meetings of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Washington, D.C. October 1992.
The PMT: A Measure of Attention and Impulsivity in Preschoolers. (1992) Doctoral dissertation. Yeshiva University.