WELCOME tO MY PRACTICE
I am a doctoral level psychologist with over twenty years of experience successfully helping adults, children, couples, and families regain stability and manage life's emotional challenges. Using an eclectic approach centered on a trusting therapeutic relationship, I work collaboratively with you to meet your goals and live a full life. As a Certified EMDR Therapist, I often include this technique when working with trauma and anxiety. There are other empirically validated techniques I use in our work together.
Please see my Bio for more information.
Our Therapeutic Conversations Will Help You With:
- Anxiety & Stress Management: keeping worry from overwhelming you.
- Mood disturbances: Regaining control of your emotions. Learn techniques to regulate your mood.
- Better Sleep and Relaxation.
- Making good career and business decisions.
- Disaster and trauma recovery: recent or long-past events.
- Increasing skillful parenting.
- Relationship challenges: couples' counseling and managing post-separation conflicts.
- Child therapy: anxiety, behavior problems, low self-esteem, as well as adjustment to loss or divorce.
HOW I WORK
I work with a flexible, eclectic approach utilizing the "whatever works" principle. Expressive, dynamic exploration is an important approach that underlies most therapeutic conversation. For stress, anxiety, and traumatic memory, I often use EMDR, mindfulness training, cognitive behavioral and other body-centered techniques. When possible, a short-term treatment will be used to reach your goals. Always, strength-based and positive psychology are at the forefront of my thinking along with awareness of the spiritual foundations of meaningful human life.
In addition to therapeutic work with adults and children. I am a respected teacher who has taught and lectured in graduate school and psychology internship programs. I also contribute to research in the field of personality assessment.